- Paint color chips
- Fabric swatches
- Printouts of photos from Pinterest or Houzz
- Magazine clippings
- Small decorative items like a couch cushion
- Some photos of the space as it is would be helpful
When you meet with your design consultant for the first time, have a ballpark number in mind so you will be looking at flooring that meets both your design and budget preferences.Design Consultation Answers Your Questions
Come to the design consultation armed with questions. They can be about flooring or other design issues, for example:
Tell Us More During the Design Consultation
- How far will my budget go with hardwood? Carpet?
- What can I do to keep my home office separate from the household noises?
- I have young children, who spend a lot of time crawling, what floor will work best in their playroom?
- We have huge, great room windows that let almost too much light in the afternoons; do we have to worry about UV rays and our flooring? Are there window treatments that can help?
Your design consultant will need to know about your household. How is it made up? Children? Does anyone play a sport with spikes on their shoes? Are there pets in the household? This information will inform the design recommendations for you.
We invite you to stop by or give a call to set up a design consultation; you will be surprised how simple we make selecting your flooring.